There are many different ways to use CBD, all of them having different purposes and varying effects. Most are acquainted with CBD oil tincture, an oily liquid that is taken sublingually. These are therapeutic in their own right and for many consumers a full spectrum product is desirable.
It is important to know each method of CBD consumption and use has different results. For example, edible CBD takes longer to take effect but the effects may last much longer. Consuming it in this way also causes a large percentage of cannabinoids to be lost to metabolic processes. It’s worth noting that consuming it in this way causes the greatest bioavailability meaning the proportion of CBD which enters the body is able to have an active affect.
The Importance of Dosing and Intention
Dosing with CBD is different for everybody. As with most herbal remedies, there is no one-size- fits-all recommendation especially there are many variables to take into consideration such as individual’s weight, metabolism, environment, genetics as well as product potency and consistency, and symptoms/ailments.
Generally, it’s a good idea to “start low and go slow” to find your ideal dose over time and increase as you need it. The only way to find your ideal dose is by tuning into your body and its needs. Everybody has different pain threshold and tolerance.
If using CBD for mild to moderate inflammation and recovery, or stress and anxiety – 5 mg 2 to 3 times per day is a good place to start. This dose may be sufficient, but can easily be increased to 10 mg if no improvement is felt or seen after 1-2 weeks. Increase the dose until relief is felt.
- Understanding the potency and dosage are critically important for best results. As optimal dosage is different with every individual, we suggest starting with a low dose and adding as needed. For more information or questions, contact an expert herbalist at: Dosage
- 165 MG per bottle = 2 MG per drop
- 330 MG per bottle = 2 MG per drop
- 500 MG per bottle = 2 MG per drop
- 750 MG per bottle = 3 MG per drop
- 1000 MG per bottle = 4 MG per drop
- 1500 MG per bottle = 5 MG per drop
- 2,000MG per bottle = 6 MG per drop
The beauty of working with a product like CBD is that the user can develop a personal relationship with the plant and take the power of healing into their own hands.